Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hiking the Y

Last night I had planned on going for a run while Josh was at work and he suggested I hike the Y. It was such a nice evening I decided I would.

Now I've lived here for almost 3 years and I've done this probably 2 1/2 times? And every time while I'm hiking my life away I quickly remember how out of shape I am and how much I CANNOT breathe while getting higher and higher up a mountain. BUT of course I don't think of that. So I grabbed my head phones and water and made my way up. After about 5 mins of walking... my legs started to burn and I couldn't breathe. I wanted so bad to make it to the top though (just so I could take some cool pictures for instagram :D).

Here is how the rest of the hike went...
hike...stop...GASP for air...hike.... chug some water.... stop... GAAAASP... hike.... forget to breathe... stop.. and so on...

I'm glad I was alone, if Josh were with me I'd feel bad for slowing him down!

Fake smile. I was dying on the inside. Pretty view behind me though.

I didn't even make it to the TOP of the Y. I cheated and cut to the very bottom. Whatever, good enough for me. And yes, it took me 46 mins... Don't judge. (p.s. I LOVE this new app of mine "MapMyRun" it even spoke to me when I reached a mile mark!)

kickin it on the Y. I was gonna just chill up there listen to music and enjoy the view for a while, My Fun Pandora station was bustin out awesome songs to hike to! But those dumb mosquitos were attacking me! I forget how much the love to feast on me! This is also my picture of the the day, May 3 and 4 -Something You Wore and -Fun.


Coming down, starting to get dark. The lights were so pretty! From now on when I go I'm going at night! 

As much as I wanted to die the whole time, I'm glad I went! And I'm hoping to make this a weekly thing. There is something about being out on a beautiful mountain at night enjoying God's amazing creations. Forgetting about the world for an hour and thinking about other things! 

Eventually I'll be able to hike this baby no problem! One day...



1 comment:

  1. The Y is killer!!! I don't blame you for stopping at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete